- Read the assigned material from the text book.
- Review the lectures notes (posted below) and associated video(s) if assigned.
- Identify questions associated with the material that you’d like to discuss during class.
Regular class sessions will not be recorded. If you miss class, you are still responsible for any material we discuss, so be sure to talk with one of your classmates.
We will also have frequent quizzes in class. These will be brief and will cover basic concepts discussed in the lecture material.
Remote attendance options:
Please consider remote attendance if any of the following apply to you:
- You are sick with the cold or flu, please do not attend class in person.
- You are sick with COVID-19, you should follow these steps which include a self-quarantine. Do not attend class in person for at least 5 days, and wear a mask for at least 5 days upon your return, per CDC guidelines.
- You have an underlying health condition or live with someone who is at high risk for complications from COVID-19.
You need to inform me (via email or private message on Ed) that you will be attending remotely so that I can provide access for quizzes.
Schedule & Lectures
NOTE: This page will change frequently. Please check back here often for changes & updates.
Lecture notes and videos are available in the table below. Notes and videos will be posted prior to each class period. Other files & supplementary materials will also be posted below.
In the table below, “SHR” refers to the class textbook (by Seader, Henley & Roper).
|Date||Reading Assignment||Lecture Notes||Screencast||Other resources|
|1/12/2022||SHR Chapter 1||Ethics & Safety; ChEn 3603 in context||Jupyter demo.ipynb|
|1/14/2022||Mole Balances||Mole balances - part 1|
Differential Mole Balances
|1/21/2022||SHR §3.1.1||Fluxes & Fick's Law||Differential Mole Balances|
Fluxes in binary systems