Given the online delivery of this class during Spring 2021, I’ve decided to try “flipping” the class. This means that most of the lecture material will be pre-recorded, and you’ll review this before class on the day it is assigned.
- Read the assigned material from the text book.
- Review the lectures notes and associated video (posted below)
- Identify questions associated with the material that you’d like to discuss during class.
During class, we’ll focus on:
- Answering questions about the lecture material
- Example problems
- Questions on homework
- Other things like python programming tips to help you out with homework
Regular class sessions will not be recorded. If you miss class, you are still responsible for any material we discuss, so be sure to talk with one of your classmates.
We will also have frequent quizzes in class. These will be brief and will cover basic concepts discussed in the lecture material.
- Class sessions will be held via Zoom. Instructions on joining class meetings have been posted on Piazza.
- Please activate your webcam in class. This improves participation and helps me learn to recognize you and helps you get to know other students a bit better.
- Class sessions will not be recorded. If you miss class, you should make arrangements with a classmate to see what you missed.
Schedule & Lectures
NOTE: This page will change frequently. Please check back here often for changes & updates.
Lecture notes and videos are available in the table below. Notes and videos will be posted prior to each class period. Other files & supplementary materials will also be posted below.
In the table below, “SHR” refers to the class textbook (by Seader, Henley & Roper).