Welcome to Prof. Sutherland's Wiki!
This Wiki is intended to be a resource for students on Matlab, numerical analysis, and technical writing. It contains many explanations, procedures, tips, tricks and examples. All Chemical Engineering students should be able to log in using their departmental user name and password.
Click here to visit Matlab's website for their online tutorials.
- Matlab Basics - the basics of Matlab, including:
- Arrays in Matlab
- Input/Output in Matlab
Tutorials on Numerical Analysis
Each tutorial includes a discussion of algorithm(s) and some examples, including Matlab code.
- Linear Algebra Refresher
- Numerical Differentiation
- Numerical Integration
- Nonlinear equations
- Ordinary Differential Equations
And a potpourri of miscellaneous topics:
- Taylor Series - used in various parts of numerical analysis.
- A Short Guide to Technical Writing by W. M. Learned and the ChEn faculty. This guide is required reading for Senior Laboratory.
- Equations in Word including automatic numbering and cross-referencing.
- Figures in Word - creating captions, numbering, and cross referencing.
- Bibliographies in Word including cross-referencing.
- LyX - a powerful cross-platform package for technical writing.